Ganapati / Ganesha / Vigneshwara



Ganesha has an elephantine countenance with a curved trunk and big ears, and a huge pot-bellied body of a human being.

He is the Vignakarta (Obstacle-creator) and Vignahartra (Obstacle- averter). He is the lord of learning, the lord of intelligence. His two wives are Budhi (Intelligence) and Sidhi (accomplishment, success, spiritual power, psychic ability).

Before I start explaining my observation, I wanted to make few facts straight. I'm a true believer, and I love and cherish the process of meditating on Lord Ganesha. This article is intended to demonstrate the depth of symbolism in Hinduism. It is solely my opinion from observational experimentation.

According to me, there is a reason why Lord Ganesha represents himself with an elephant head. Those intelligent Yogis who decrypted the cosmic knowledge, who harnessed the power and knowledge to understand the deepest science related to astronomy, astrology, pharmacology, anatomy, etc might have had a solid reason to visualize Ganesha with a head of an elephant.

I came across the MRI image of the Human brain. I cross checked it with the cross sectional images of human as well as animal brains (including horse, mouse and pig).

The dorsal view of the human brain is a clear representation of the Ganesh formation. This includes the spine that connects the brain which is represented as the truck of the Elephant. The Parietal Lobe, the Occipital Lobe, the Temporal lobe, the Brain stem, and the spinal cord structure combined together form an image imitation of Lord Ganesh. I have attached few images that I googled for a better look.

Ganesha the lord of intelligence have visual similarities to Brain (both humans and animals). May be it is the other way around; the brain that represents intelligence is given the form of Lord Ganesha by the creator Brahma itself!

In the tenth chapter of Gita, Krishna says: “I am the Self seated in the heart of all beings; so I am the beginning and middle and also the end of all beings.” "I am the ruling power in rulers; I am righteousness in those aspiring for victory of secrets; I am the custodian in the shape of silence and I am the wisdom of the wise. Arjuna, I am even that which the seed of all beings is. For there is no creature, animate or inanimate which exists without Me." Krishna is asking to seek God within yourself. May be, one of the complex organs of the body is constructed to represent the God of Intelligence, to show us, to look in ourselves.

One of the four most important MahAvAkyas is from bRhadAraNyaka which says aham brahmAsmi, which means "its in you". May be, this is one more example in the nature to represent how true the above statement is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
its a thought stirrer. I liked it
This comment has been removed by the author.
Man ... I haven't read such an interesting artical. I thoughts were really nice and well composed. Excellent work . Keep it up
Anonymous said…
Another interpretation of the Ganesh head I have read about is --just like an elephant ploughs through bushes and small trees going head first to move ahead, the lord Ganesha with his elephant head ploughs through obstacles putting them behind him in an effort to help the individual who calls for his help.
Anonymous said…
I'm astonished by this blog. I saw you through Orkut. You look so young, so outgoing, and modern, but it is so different from what you are within yourself. You carry a deep spirit inside that beautiful body of yours. I admire your capabilities. You are a true intellect! May God bless you, and may the blogs keep coming :)
Anonymous said…
It is a very interesting subject.
For more on the correlations between the Veda and the Human body, see: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrTonyNader
best wishes, GJ Gerritsma, Netherlands
Unknown said…
Hi, I just googled up this: "cross section of the brain with Ganesha" and came across this article. Actually, many years ago, I had heard a discourse by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in which referred a book written by one of his followers, who was also a neuro scientist in Europe. They showed the page of the book with the brain's cross-section that resembled Lord Ganesha. I wanted to order the book, but could not do so. Today, after many years, I was looking for the same material/book on the internet and found this article. I believe the book also has similar descriptions of other Hindu deities.
...I can almost sense some great age of enlightenment dawning...
Anonymous said…
you know elephant's trunk is capable of picking up even a small pin from the ground & when elephant walks it blows the path with it's trunk just as to clear it, means man must be able to pick up the right wisdom for itself & as a matter of fact must walk on the path by it's own sensibility .

Popular posts from this blog

Why!!! go to the Temple?

Quartz Crystals - When cognitive science meets metaphysics